- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon "Cajun Seasoning"
- 8-10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- 1 qt chicken broth
- Fresh parsley
1. In a bowl mix chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and cajun seasoning, stirring thoroughly to coat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes.
5. Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
7. Serve immediately with chicken, garnished with tomatoes and parsley