- Srv: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Cal: 417
- By: Allrecipes.com
When apples are abundant and inexpensive in the fall, jazz things up with a savory apple naan flatbread, with a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
If Gruyere is not available, Swiss cheese is a good substitute.
FYI, Aldi carries naan flatbread.
- 3 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, cored and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Naan Flatbreads
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup arugula, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp and browned, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain. Reserve the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add apple and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the bacon. Sprinkle thyme over the apple mixture, and stir in balsamic vinegar. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place naan on the prepared baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Spread the apple mixture evenly on top. Cover with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until naan is golden brown and cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, scatter a handful of arugula over the top, and serve immediately.
Check out the original recipe here on Allrecipes.com!