- 1 cup thin sliced carrots
- 1 cup thin diced parsnips
- 1 cup thin sliced and chopped Walla Walla Onions
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, cut in quarters
- 1 ounce of freshly grated Root Ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic , crushed and chopped
- 1 small bunch of green onions, chopped 1/4 inch
- 1 Tablespoon - Light flavored Olive Oil
- 2 cups water - bring to the boil, simmer
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Bouillon ( or other vegetable stock)
- 2 teaspoons Arrowroot powder or Cornstarch, mixed to a cream
Pre slice all the items and have ready for easy addition. Make up the vegetable broth, until just about to boil. Combine the garlic, ginger and green onion and add to the stock; boil 2 minutes.
Preheat the pan to 300 F and add the oil. Immediately add carrots, then parsnips, then onions, then the Brussels sprouts. Allow a minute between each addition. Stir, then let it sit to just color, then stir again. Allow about 4 minutes when all are added.
Add the arrowroot 'cream' to the stock mixture, stir to thicken and then pour it all over the vegetables. It will quickly glaze the panful of veggies. At this time you can taste and then serve, or add a pre cooked protein of your choice.