- ½ 17.3-ounce box puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 8 ounces smoked part-skim mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 13.75-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained, dried on paper towels, and quartered
- 14 ounces prepared caponata
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted peppers, drained, dried on paper towels and sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheet of puff pastry to a 14-inch square. Lay it on the parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, blend together the mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
Brush the center square of the pastry with pesto, leaving a 3-inch border. Sprinkle with ¼ cup breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts. Spoon on half the mozzarella mix in dollops. Spoon on the caponata and sprinkle with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Lay the roasted peppers on top and then spoon on the remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the last ¼ cup breadcrumbs.
Pull up the sides and corners of the puff pastry to cover the filling. Pinch the seams together to seal them. Pat the torta into a nice square block. Brush the torta all over with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake 35-40 minutes, until very brown and beginning to ooze cheese. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.