- 3 pound boneless beef rib eye
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the salt, pepper, garlic and chopped rosemary. Mix well and then rub over the beef. Set beef aside for about 30 minutes to marinate. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan over a medium-heat. Brown beef on all sides for several minutes then transfer to a baking dish. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 115 degrees. Remove the roast from the oven, place on a carving board and let rest for at least 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
- 8 medium leeks, white and light-green parts only, cut in rounds and washed
- 1⁄2 pound hedgehog mushrooms
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Coarse salt and ground pepper 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 pound black truffles (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, combine the butter, leeks and mushrooms. Sauté over medium high heat until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Add cream and bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes. Let gratin rest at least 10 minutes before serving. Shave truffles over top if using and serve.