- 12 oz. Washington Red Potatoes
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausages (12 oz. total)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush under cold running water. Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Place in large saucepan and add cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
In small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausages with ½ cup water, turning sausages occasionally, until the water evaporates. Reduce heat to medium and cook until sausages are browned and cooked through, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into ½-inch thick slices.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add onions, sugar, basil and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until starting to brown, about 1 minute. Pour in the broth, bring to boiling and cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, sausage, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.