- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 medium-sized red potatoes, quartered
- 2 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 14.5 oz. cans roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 C water
- 1 bunch of kale, destemmed and sliced ¾” thick
- Salt and pepper
Sauté carrots in olive oil till soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook over medium for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes, tomatoes, beans and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn heat to low, cover and boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving add kale and let cook for 2 minutes, until the kale softens.