- 10 cups cubed pre-baked cinnamon rolls, (2 10-ounce packages)
- 1 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup dark rum, optional
- 1 orange, washed, zest grated and juice squeezed (approximately 2 ounces of juice and 1tablespoon zest)
- 3 15-ounce cans pear slices, drained and diced
- 3 cups prepared vanilla pudding (1 5.1-ounce box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling, prepared with 3 cups 1% milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped till firm
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
Into a trifle bowl, or medium glass bowl, put 2 1/2 cups cinnamon roll cubes.
In a medium bowl, blend together the caramel sauce, rum (if using), orange zest and juice.
Drizzle the cinnamon roll cubes with 1/3 of the caramel sauce. Top with 1/3 of the pears and 1 cup vanilla pudding. Continue to layer in the same manner until you have used all the cubes, sauce, pears and pudding.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Spoon the whipped cream over the top of the trifle, or put it in a pastry bag with a large star tip and pipe it onto the trifle. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.