- 1/3 cup Diced Onion
- 1 cup Diced Carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup par-boiled diced potato – Dice potato (russets work well) and add to cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 7-10 minutes until partially cooked through.
- 1 Lb. cubed chicken – any style leftover chicken will work for this, if using fresh chicken place raw meat in boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through
- 1 cup plus 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP Sugar
- Pulse to mix in food processor
- 8 TBSP Cold Butter cut into cubes
- Run food processor for about 20 seconds
- Then add 3 TBSP Ice Water
- Run food processor until dough clumps
- Make a disc and wrap in plastic - chill for a half hour in fridge or 10 min in freezer prior to rolling
Pre-heat oven to 375.
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter. Add seasoning. Chop and add chicken as well as potatoes and green beans, let them warm up. Season. Add flour, let it coat the mixture. Add chopped parsley. Add broth and 1/2 & 1/2 - bring to a boil then reduce and thicken stirring occasionally.
Roll out dough on lightly floured surface - put it on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour over filling. Cover with rolled out dough cover. Fork edges to seal, cut away excess dough over rim. Bake at 375 for 30 - 45 minutes or until golden brown.